Bosch WFD 2060 Washing Machine no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'd be very grateful for any advice please.
My old Bosch WFD 2060 washing machine has lost power - no lights showing and fails to work at all. The socket is fine and I've tried 3 different new fuses on the plug.
It seems to have stopped mid cycle, with water still in the drum.
I did do one thing differently when I started it - I pressed the Rinse Plus button, which I had never done before, but it still started as normal. I don't know how long it ran before it failed.
The machine is several years old and has been very good, except on 2 or 3 occasions where it didn't drain properly - the pipes weren't kinked or anything and running the drain and spin cycles sorted it out.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I've just removed the PCB and it looks like it's fried. There is a small box on the board, about 2cm square with a coil on it and it's covered in soot; there is also soot on some of the pathways directly behind it on the reverse of the board.
I'm guessing I'll need a whole new board...? Can anyone recommend somewhere to get one please?
There's a sticker on it with the following info on it -
AKO 646 753 AK05
EEP 49 285 - 01
BSH 5500 005 442

Sponsored Links
There are some on e-bay, but make sure you get one with the same numbers on the label, they may look the same but are programmed for different models.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back