Bosch WFD 2460 Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I suspect the drum bearings on my WFD 2460 have gone. The machine has been getting progressively louder over the past weeks to the point where it sounds more like a cement mixer that washer at the moment.

Can anyone tell me how big a job it is to replace the bearings on this model? I did it on a Hotpoint a few years back and regretted even starting the job but I've had a quick Google and I see that AEG and Bosch tend to be a bit more servicable in this regard.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
http://www.bosch-eshop.com/eshop/bosch/gb/prodp.htm?prod=WFD2460GB/01
Check your model E-number. I think it should be WFD2460GB/01, in which case the drawing in the link is correct. If the E-number isn't WFD2460GB/01 then just type yours instead. It is a "doable" project but involves a lot of work & parts are not cheap. But Bosch now supply complete kits for some of these models, by which you can buy the whole wash-unit which comes fully assembled c/w 2 new shockers. They normally retail at around £200 or so but it saves a god awful job & bruised knuckles. If you want to spend that kind of money give Bosch a call & ask if a complete wash-unit kit is available for your particular model.

Thanks for the reply. The explosion is useful. I can get the bearing for £30 but if I'm going to do the back bearing, I should really do the front one as well - which makes things a lot more involved.

Given that it's a 10 year old machine and will cost approx £60 + a whole load of labour to repair, I'm thinking of just buying another one. We've got a baby due in 9 weeks and we already do approx 7 - 8 loads a week, so even if it's out of action for a few days, it would be a major hassle.

Thanks again..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back