Bosch WFF2000GB/14 aborts at main wash - no lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had this machine for ages, so it's no shame on it; must be at least 16 years old. Started a 40° wash cycle, and after a while, I noticed it was silent and dead: no lights on. The program had stopped at the start of the main wash cycle. I advanced the program round to the start again, and off it went, but stopped again at the same point. 3rd time lucky, and it did finish the program, but something is clearly wrong, so I don't trust it any more. The only thing I've noticed is that the on-off switch seems a bit dodgy, occasionally making an arcing noise, and sometimes not switching on. Feels a bit 'rubbery' and not very positive. The indicator light for power is very dim, much dimmer than the door light, but that's maybe normal. I don't see it being the switch that's the problem, because I only had to rotate the programmer for the cycle to re-start, but I'd like to replace that switch if it's available and an easy fix?
Any ideas of where to start to diagnose the cause of the stoppage would be gratefully received. I don't like the idea of scrapping a machine if there's only a minor problem, but I don't want to spend half the cost of a new one getting a repair man out, especially as my experience of them has not been good....:(

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Wrong forum, but. . .

At 16 yrs old its had its day. Scrap it. May need a new PCB = ££££, especially on a discontinued machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back