Bosch WFL 2260 Washing machine drum not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine appears to cycle ie. fills-heats-pump out but no drum action.Have had motor out and changed brushes but no difference. It would appear that either the motor is not getting any supply during the cycle or the motor is u/s. Can anyone throw any light on this problem?

Sponsored Links
Have had problems with some bosch motor brushes when being changed.

If you changed the brushes in the brush holders did you clean out the holders as you get a build up of carbon in them which prevent the brushes moving freely and making contact with the armature. On the odd occasion I have had to trim the brushes down a little to enable them to move freely as well.

Some also have a thermal fuse on the motor.

Hi Leccy, fairly sure brushes are ok but will recheck.Where would the thermal fuse be located. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Similar problem ...Xmas eve and WFL 2260 - drum just stopped turning , no sound of motor spinning. NO NEED TO REMOVE MOTOR OR BACK OF WASHER.
Solution > 1. UNPLUG ! Turn it on it's back so you can access motor bushes from beneath. Bushes are held in white plastic holders either side of motor shaft... you can look into motor with torch and see if bushes look damaged or not where they rub on the motor shaft to transmit electricity (called the commutator ? ). Mine looked fine , no damage or signs of sparking etc but the commutator looked quite dirty (dark grey / black colour).
2. Pull off the black wire from the brass contact at the top of each bush and you will see tiny slots cut in the brass contact to enable it to be wiggled free, then gently pull out the spring and the brush (LOOK carefully to see which way it comes out as it will be bevelled at the business end and you have to put the bevelled end in the same way). One bush is easier to see due to angle of motor , the other one is out of sight .. I needed a small makeup type mirror and a head torch to see how to disassemble and reassemble it.
3. Get a 10" length of hosepipe , hold it in your vacuum cleaner tube and you can use the hose to suck out any carbon powder / debris from the bush holder (they can be clogged - stopping bushes moving freely).
4. To clean commutator > cut a lolly pop stick end off square , get an 8" strip of cloth (I used old towel .. no thicker than a pencil).. dip it in meths and loop it over the end of the lolly pop stick ... it will poke into the bush holder and you can twirl the motor while pressing the stick so that the meths soaked cloth cleans the commutator as it spins. You only have to do it from one side to clean the whole swept surface of the commutator.
5. I found that both brushes were worn but still useable , one was worn twice as much as the other so when re-assembling I switched them round in case one was wearing more due to gravity ? or sticking in the holder ? Total cost = lolly pop stick and meths
6. Peeps are saying £25 or £30 for new bushes ... but I've seen them for £5 on internet .. some peeps are saying there are different bushes for different motors in the same SFL2260 series machines .. may be safest to send yours off to the supplier to ensure you get the right replacements. I didn't buy new ones as I needed instant fix and guess I've got at least 5 more years in mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back