Bosch WFL2000 MAXX washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Please advise on how to access the motor on this model.

I've got the same problem as others have had .... water fills OK, then humming from machine, but no motor action .... won't drain, won't wash, & won't spin.

I have the WFL2000 MAXX model and there's no obvious way to get at the motor to replace the brushes. The outer casing isn't removable (that I can see anyway) and I was just about to turn it upside down before I read on another thread that this shouldn't be done !

Worked perfectly until now. Am I right in supposing it's the motor? Could it be the PCB? Any way of telling for sure?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your quick reply.

So although the whole back doesn't come off, you think I can get the socket wrench onto the 2 nuts from below and drop the motor out with the machine leaning on its side ?

OK -- I'll certainly give it a go.

Thanks again

OK - Job done. Thanks for the advice.

Dropped the motor out and was able to do the necessary brush replacement.

It may be of interest to know that the brushes were only worn down half-way BUT one had become stuck. It was difficult to remove and wouldn't slot back in again. And the new one was just the same.

So as advised, I filed the new one down until it slipped in comfortably.

I'm using the new set now, since it cost me £27, but I'm keeping the old set as spares, should I need them again.

Sponsored Links
Great tip from winalot:
Replaced brushes Drum still would not spin, one brush was resistant to go in, so filed down so it slipped in nicely and now the drum spins !
happy days

Pack of two
£7.25 + £2.99 shipping
espares.co.uk
Product Code CBN2222

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back