Bosch WFX3268GB/11 - Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine stopped spinning but was also behaving strange (erratic drum movements).

It would spin when empty, but not with clothes on board!

Replaced brushes. Motor looks fine, no sign of problems.

Put all back together, same problem. Erratic drum movements continue and motor seems to be not receiving enough power to run properly.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Found this on the net....

"Check there is no blockage, defective pump are the easy 2 possible reasons. The possibly worn brushes that require replacing more difficult and then it is either the timer or a programme fault you will almost need an engineer for this to rectify or buy a replacement washing machine."

Drive belt is good and not slipping.

The drum will turn with washing in sometimes and sometimes it tries and fails!

You can hear the motor working, it's as though it's not being given enough power to do it.

Sponsored Links
Just an update in case it helps others in the future.

Note this is a 10 year old machine.

The motor continued to operate after replacing the carbon brushes and looked in good condition. When running, the power being supplied to the motor seem erratic and the machine would not operate correctly if it contained clothes!

The machine filled and emptied without problems - the pump worked fine and there were no blockages.

Checked all other obvious components as best I could - found no problems.

I had a good look at the PCB and found 2 things...

1 - Solder on a couple of the components had small cracks, I re-soldered these.
2 - There was a strange build up of carbon dust on a small area of the PCB, across 3 components in the centre - definitely carbon dust, not burning.

I cleaned up the PCB and put it all back together and no change!

Anyway, I've decided it's not worth throwing anything over £50 at a ten year old machine, so it is off to the tip and a new one is on order.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the build up of carbon dust on the PCB signifies, does it mean that it was getting hot or arcing etc?

Thanks

Did it have a speed sensor on the motor & did it check out as being ok if it did?

Hi,

Could not identify any speed sensor, so just moved on.

Can anyone answer the previous question regarding the carbon dust on the PCB?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back