Bosch WTA 2000 Vented Tumble Dryer - No heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Bosch WTA 2000 Vented Tumble Dryer has decided not to dry the clothes and have noticed that there isn't any heat so can only assume this is whats causing the problem. I've searched a couple of forums and most are of the opinion thats its one of the thermostats. The question I have is which is the one that most likely to have gone? How can i test them to find out

'There are three thermostats on the WTA2000 - the "flying lead" stat on the backplate, the safety (or "red button") thermostat, and the exhaust thermostat in the bottom'

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sponsored Links
They are cheap and I believe if one blows it can affect the others so change the lot.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Can you tell me where I can purchase them from please

Sponsored Links
have you pressed the red button in on the back :?:

Hi,

I did try to press it but it seems quite stiff unless it only moves a little?

check for continuity on the 3 stats with a meter.

Is this possible if the back panel is off? i.e. would the dryer need to be running? If so not sure this is possible if the back panel is off

"flying lead" stat on the backplate replaced and I now have a working dryer :)

Thanks to all those who contributed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back