Bosch WTA3606 Tumble dryer not running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

We have a 4 year old Bosch tumble dryer that turns on, accepts programs and counts down the time elapsed, but there is no sign of life from the motor, and the heater doesn't get warm. I've taken the side and back off and it's completely still, not hunting or buzzing. I've checked all the connections on the top and down to the motor and these look ok. There are no volts across the capacitor and turning the drum to kick start it makes no difference. There are 5 connections to the motor, 2 brown cables on one connector and 3 grey on another, none of these appear to have volts on. I'm stuck now guys so if there's anyone out there who could give me some advice I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
During my initial fault finding I assumed the door switch/es were working ok because the digital display would count down the time remaining on the selected program, as it would only do if the door was closed. However I tried slamming the door a few times and low and behold the fan started working :)
from this I guess there must be 2 seperate switches on the door, each feeding a different circuit ??

It's not heating much though, perhaps I've disturbed something while investigating. I took the heater cover off and there is some heat there and the thermal cut-out is short circuit as I assume it should be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back