Bosh classixx 1200 odd noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Bosh classixx 1200 which is about 5 years old. Recently it has begun to make a scraping/rasping/rattle noise during the wash and/or spin cycle. It's random and only lasts for a short while but can appear again.

The wash runs through the cycle ok.

The drum seems to move freely when I spin it when it is empty. I'm sure something is not right :( .

Any suggestions please before I make that expensive call to the washing machine repair company.

Do I leave it and hope for the best or act on it now?

Many thanks
Lally

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi, for anyone else with the strange grunting/grinding noise - I appear to have solved it !!
The outlet hose had dropped in a loop to below the level of the connection to our waste pipe. Lifting the hose up level with the machine outlet stopped the noise instantly.
Stupid me should have remembered this from when it first happened about 5 years ago. Luckily I spotted it when I pulled the machine out to start removing the perfectly good pump.

Remember, if you can't fix it with a hammer, then the problem is electrical! (or your hammer isn't big enough)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back