Boss Pipe connected to soil pipe - HUGE PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I'm on the brink of a disaster. I watched a few You Tube videos and made the mistake of thinking it would be a piece of cake. Alas..

We have a toilet waste pipe going into the soil pipe. All ok, no leaks. We put in a shower tray and waste pipe going outside. I fitted boss pipe onto the soil pipe to connect to the shower waste.

Everything seemed fine however the shower waste pipe was at an awkward angle so I had to manufacture a slight angle to get to the soil pipe. I hole sawed the spoil pipe slightly below, hwoever when all was connected, water dripped from the boss everytime I flush, use the shower, etc.

I've tried resizing the hole in the soil pipe but have made a right pigs ear of it.

My question is, what's the best way of sealing a (rough edged) hole in the soil pipe without pulling the whole thing out? It's quite close to the ground so I'm very concerned.

Sorry for the war and peace, but I'm worried and annoyed that I made such a disasterous mistake.

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Solvent weld glue.

Thanks for reply. I should say that the hole in the soil pipe is now too big for the boss pipe. Is there any way I can seal the hole and start again?

I was thinking cutting a similar size shape from a spare pipe and somehow seal it into the existing disaster hole

Sponsored Links
Cut the damaged section out, (leave yourself enough pipe sticking out the floor to work with, or you'll need to dig down a bit!), and as Danny suggests, fit a 'short boss pipe', using a 'slip coupler' on the bottom end to slot it into existing pipework.

Strap on boss?

SWS410_4150.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back