Both pipes feeding new shower mixer are cold.

No this is the first time I have tried the hot water in the en suite since the boiler install. Yes I will get the plumber back, only problem is the ceiling where the pipe work was done has now been reinstated ‍♂️

Sponsored Links
What a pain,but they are responsible for putting things right ,including any making good.

Reactions: CBW
Think I may have found the issue - plumber hasn’t been back out yet but I’ve had a look where the cylinder used to be and the 4 x 15mm pipes are all connected together. Am I right in thinking one of these used to feed the hot water and is now connected to the cold mains supply?

Could it be my hot feed to the mixer is actually connected to both hot and cold supply now and obviously the cold mains is greater pressure so it never gets hot?

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
I have now fixed the problem - in the picture there is a 22mm pipe capped off, this was actually the HW feed to the en-suite mixer.

The far right 15mm is the connection back from the mixer(Hot) I have connected these together and all is now working.

Bit of a head scratcher but got there in the end.

I have now fixed the problem - in the picture there is a 22mm pipe capped off, this was actually the HW feed to the en-suite mixer.

The far right 15mm is the connection back from the mixer(Hot) I have connected these together and all is now working.

Bit of a head scratcher but got there in the end.
Well done you! I nearly suggested that pipe, but couldn’t work out the dogs dinner of piping

Think I may have found the issue - plumber hasn’t been back out yet but I’ve had a look where the cylinder used to be and the 4 x 15mm pipes are all connected together. Am I right in thinking one of these used to feed the hot water and is now connected to the cold mains supply?

Could it be my hot feed to the mixer is actually connected to both hot and cold supply now and obviously the cold mains is greater pressure so it never gets hot?
Disgusting pipework.

I'd be seriously upset if any professional left me with pipework like that, I wouldn't leave it like that as a diy job, it's bloody poor at best

Yes I agree the pipe work is terrible and will be getting re done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back