Bottle Jack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone know where I could buy a new jack from. There is no name or make on the jack.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
"The" name at one time was Tangye-Epco, and their products are still made by Hi-Press Hydraulics at their plant in Accrington. If yours is a cylinder made by either Tangye or Epco "back in the day" then spares or a suitable direct replacement might still be available

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, does anyone know where I could buy a new jack from. There is no name or make on the jack.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Many thanks
Can't see the image, Andy. I might have a bottle jack kicking around gathering dust;)

Can't see the image, Andy. I might have a bottle jack kicking around gathering dust;)

Thank you Nige, it's a special jack that fits into a manhole lifter. The one I have has started to leak but there is no name or make on it.

Thank you for your offer but I will have to contact the company of the manhole lifter.

Andy

You could also try to find a local hydraulics company on a trading estate.
It's possible that the seals have blown and they will have spares

Having said that, a normal cheap jack is £10-15

I used to work with theatre seats that used jacks to push down wheels so that a block of 50 could be moved. Effectively they pushed down a set of wheels, then lifted the entire seating unit up off the ground.,

If the seal broke it was easier to swap the whole unit out and bang in another

Last edited:
I can't see the image either! This happens regularly I don't know why, does anyone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back