Bottle Trap Problem

S

Shutpa

Just bought a chrome-plated brass bottle trap from Screwfix (cat. page 487, code 10004) and am having a problem connecting it to the 40mm waste pipe rising from the floor. My idea would be to cut the chrome pipe at the rear and join it via a reducer angle joint to the 40mm pipe but am unsure if there is a 90 degree bend which will take the 40mm pipe at one end and either a 35mm or 32mm at the other end (the chrome pipe widens and can be cut at either side).
Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the rapid reply. I have discovered that the narrow end of the chrome pipe fits snuggly into the old fitting. I can therefore cut off the thick end of the chrome pipe and join the old plastic and new chrome together. My only problem then would be how do I make the joint water tight?

Sponsored Links
The pipes really are a good fit. I have silicone and Plumbersmait - would either of these do the trick?

Yeah, bit of mait on the outside of the chrome pipe, push it in a cple of inches, clean excess squeezed out and then seal the joint with silicone and leave it for half an hour, I take it the waste pipe further down is well secured?

Yeah, bit of mait on the outside of the chrome pipe, push it in a cple of inches, clean excess squeezed out and then seal the joint with silicone and leave it for half an hour.........Done!
I take it the waste pipe further down is well secured?

It is now! Thanks for your help. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back