Bottom exit toilet pan. Clearance from floor to exit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I’m looking at fitting an Ideal Standard T3280 bottom exit pan to my soil pipe, which is clay, with a new adapter fitted.
I might need to offset it a little from the wall. 5-10mm, which would add additional hardware vertically in the form of an adapter.

My question is, how much clearance could I expect to see between the base of the toilet and the beginning of the exit pipe ceramic?
The drawing shows a dotted outline to the base, but I’m unsure if it’s just a representation of the connection.

Hope that makes sense

best regards Alex

Attachments

• A489C054-25BC-48E5-8725-AB9C1FA66B21.png
    A489C054-25BC-48E5-8725-AB9C1FA66B21.png
    192.5 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
The pan outlet will be designed to fit a short straight pan connector which will then push into the soil pipe which should be flush with the floor. You can use an offset pan connector to give you a bit of adjustment on position

Tell us the distance from the wall (not the skirting) to the centre of the socket in the floor.

As you see from the tech drawing, it's the back of the cistern against the wall that sets the distance.

You can use spacers behind the fixing screws, or a small batten, to push the WC out a bit, and it will not be noticeable. Even tiling the walls will push it out a bit.

You can also get BO pans with a different spacing, but you have to start by accurately measuring what you've got.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. The distance to the wall from the center is 210mm.
If there is space for a short pan connector, then I guess I can use an offset connector instead. That’s great.
I was concerned the ceramic of the pan outlet would be flush with the base, thus leaving no space for a connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back