Box profile roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking for ideas how to finish my box profile roof so that it don't look like a DIY job gone wrong. The roof meets the wall where I am going to put plastic gutter, the roof is 100mm insulated box profile so can't put flashing along bottom to give a neat finish where going into the gutter so looking for ideas how to finish the edge of the roof.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Why is a diy'er faffing about with industrial roof coverings?

I can't really grasp what you want to do from your rather confusing and vague description.

Are we talking about an eaves detail?

Not sure what you mean when you talk about flashing and gutter. :confused:

usually what happens is the roofing material overhangs the fascia or wall directly into a half round gutter. Why do you mention flashing?

Any chance of a piccy?

Hi,

Just built a free shed 20 feet x 40 feet made from industrial cladding I am not a builder so I don't know the technical names for different parts of the shed. Sorry I don't have any pics as I have not put the cladding on yet, the roof will over hang the eaves into the plastic gutter but will I leave it like that or do I run a bit flashing along the edge that is going into the gutter to give it a neater finish.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The detail drawing is the correct one, the flashing was just to give it a neat edge into the gutter. When I picked up the cladding there was gutter there but it was huge that's why I was going for deep flow plastic but you would see the edge of the roof and would not look very good. Hope fully I will get some work done on the shed this weekend depends on weather, when building the shed should I do roller shutter doors first then the walls and finally the roof as it is sometimes very windy where I live.

Cheers

when building the shed should I do roller shutter doors first then the walls and finally the roof as it is sometimes very windy where I live.

Doors are usually last.
As for roof or walls who knows? We do them either or!

As for the flashing you mebbe could have it behind the plastic gutter and fix the guttering brackets to that. :idea:
Would need to be heavy guage.

We fitted a load of plastic guttering on buildings last year and the snow ripped it all off. Plastics not all that fantastic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back