box sash window frames!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I reside in a victorian terrace house which once upon a time had box sash windows, the sash's have since been taken out but the frames have remained. In place of the sash's metal frames windows have been installed. I am looking at changing them now to PVCu windows, the thing that concerns me is that I do not wish to leave the old wooden sash framework in. What can I expect to find when I take this frame work out, as I do not want to open up a can of worms just before putting the new one's in? Happy New Year!

Sponsored Links
Just for the record, apparently if I do take the sash frames out I will be left with a 4" inch recess in the brickwork effectively in the cavity as the frames are built in, thus I would have to fill this and set my windows further forward in the reveals. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back