Boxing Bag Support Bar Fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Our bungalow has a kinda poor conservatory/utility space at the rear that my wife and I are making into an exercise area. We would like to have a Muay Thai punch bag in the middle.

uq0tG7W.jpg

My initial thinking is to fix a beam across space with one end fixed to the top of this support:

F5tOg2Q.jpg

The other end I would need to fix to the other wall somehow.

Questions

1) Use a metal beam or wood
2) Best way to secure it to the wall on the left and on top of the support bricks as pictured above.

The beam would need to be pretty secure as a lot of force will be vibrating through due to kicks.

Thanks for any pointers

Sponsored Links
If you attach to the top of the pier then you're more than likely to pull the bricks off.

If you attach to the top of the pier then you're more than likely to pull the bricks off.

That's what I was kind of worried about. Not sure the best way to approach this really. Even on the face of that pier, I think it might loosen them?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back