Boxing in pipes to plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Need to box these pipes in and board before plasterer. Planning on using 1x2 cls each side of the pipes. My question is that I will be left with the exposed edge of timber then the brick ends of the pillar. Should I put the end batten flush with the brick level or slightly proud to allow more depth for board on the end of pillar? The room is being float and set plastered but dunno if it would be easier to board this bit around pillar?

Pic attached to try and explain.

Cheers

Attachments

• iOS Image - 2113643253.jpg
    iOS Image - 2113643253.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 540
Sponsored Links
chameleon001, good evening.

Suggest you consider holding the timber bearer, CLS or what ever you use back from the "front edge" of the brick pier, just enough to keep the plasterboard flush with the face of the brickwork of the pier, scrim and plaster will probably not crack too much???

As for fixing the plasterboard at the wall end of the boxing in, simply line up at 90 degrees from the front timber to the timber at the rear on the main wall.

This will result in an an area of smooth plaster all around the brick pier, if you need or consider it important you could carry on the above across the lintel area and down the other pier, that way the piers and opening appear as one?

Hope the above makes sense?

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back