boxing in pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post here. would like to box in some small pipes in my bathroom and was hoping for some suggestions. It seems simple enough and I am pretty good at DIY but I was hoping someone could tell me what I would need, like the screws to use and such. It is only small but as a lot of dirt gets trapped in there and it is rather unsightly, I would like them boxed. I have attached a pic to give you an idea. Any further things I need to add, I will do.

Thanks in advance.

//www.diynot.com/network/mrorange1/albums/

Sponsored Links
Nice one from Foxy, bit pricey though. I would be inclined to go down to my local plumber/Pvc former/plastic seller and ask for a cutting of 90 deg. angle. Mitre the corner and trim for reasonably close fitting, fit a stop end at the door end, that's if it were me of course...pinenot :)

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for the reply.

pinenot, it looks good but that is a bit pricey for me. I was looking to go down the route of getting wood from my local wood yard and then have one plank down the side and one across the top, with an angle cut for the corner.
My main concern was the screwing in and such.

Again, thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

Sponsored Links
I think your getting me mixed up with foxy old chap, never mind woods good.
I would recommend 3/8" WBS ply, mitred to form the corner and backed with 2" x 1" or similar...pinenot :)

Hi pinenot, yes you are right, I did lol.

I will try and get the wood at least within next couple of days as I have a lot to do right now. But I will keep you guys updated and may reach out for additional help with the screws etc.

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back