Boxing in pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I plan to box in some radiator & water pipes & then tile over the boxing in my downstairs cloakroom.
I previously just had some boxing which was painted & made of plywood.

I've had to replace the boxing usin the same plywood as before.
My question is, should I stick the tiles to the plywood with tile adhesive or is something like hard as nails better?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If your tiling over it, use plasterboard fixed to a crude timber frame; much esier to cut & work with.

Anyone got any opinion on this?
I'm assuming adhesive should be used.

Whatever you find easiest to work with - both will do the job for such a small area, but no-nails may be a bit harder to get all tiles level with each other.

Sponsored Links
Hi random,

I had to do this just the other day. I used 9mm ply screwed to 4x2cm batons fixed to the wall.

I used BAL grip adhesive and worked out well.

Make sure you follow the instructions on the adhesive - some require priming beforehand, some don't.

I considered using PB, but it was actually easier to get the dude in B&Q to cut the plywood dead straight and to exactly the right size with his circular saw. Would never have got it that straight myself.. even if I had used PB. More expensive to do it this way, but I got a better end result.

Cheers,
Ben

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back