Boxing...

Sponsored Links
Wow such a intelligent and well constructed argument.

I`ll say again we are carnivores, hence we hunted. We were tribal hence we killed.
I thought this was about Boxing anyway? Not wars?

no.. it was about why boxing isn't quite so popular as it used to be... !!!

So it was about boxing then and not Formula 1.

And you telling us how short you are. And what weight you might be able to fight in.
According to the title and first question.

All digressed the theme slightly but stayed totally on topic until a few posts back.

So it was about boxing then and not Formula 1.

And you telling us how short you are. And what weight you might be able to fight in.
According to the title and first question.

All digressed the theme slightly but stayed totally on topic until a few posts back.

interesting... Alarm.... shortness is not a weakness... trust me on that one !
And yes. you digressed into Joe's world of antagonism.....

forget the ethereal, but why has boxing lost favour>

Sponsored Links
Awwww, you have a height complex.
But as a friends daughter lives with a ex world champ cage fighter I agree height does not mean an advantage or disadvantage in certain situations.

Not sure I agree, many I know still go to fights. Many I know box on the circuits. Always crowds.
Maybe the bigger fights are on the decline, as they do tend to overcharge big time for tickets.
And the quality.

PS, Joe just tried another aspect which many got involved in. You have a certain complex as well as height it seems ;)

On topic

I'd wager it's lost it's appeal due the dearth of real class fighters over here.
Plenty of journeymen built up to be 'world class' but always found to be wanting when it mattered. Throw in the silly money people had to pay to watch the 'non event' and well, the novelty wears off.

Audley 'tosser' Harrison is a case in point.

The discipline argument is b*llocks
Didn't work for Tyson.
Got him off the streets mugging people granted, but then progressed to raping people.

Not a lot of discipline there. :D

I'm a boxing fan.......Just pointing out a flaw.

I hardly think Tyson is a true representative of the boxing fraternity.

I'll rephrase that.

I hardly think Tyson is a true representative of the human race.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Taring all with one is not the way to do it really.

Was Tyson really "classically" trained anyway?

You cannot use Tyson as a overall template. We have just discussed that.
Hence my question about him.

He had not been trained until about 16 and had been convicted dozens of times before that.

You can polish a diamond, you cannot remove its blemishes.

He had not been trained until about 16 and had been convicted dozens of times before that.

So have boxers much younger and much older.... Makes no difference.
My point was....... discipline does not go hand in hand with boxing.

And a point your allowed to indicate you believe in.
A misguided one however IMHO as without it the average boxer would not go very far and loose his/her licence. The same for any contact sport where you show a lack of discipline.

But it makes a change something is discussed and not resorting to insults.

So have boxers much younger and much older.... Makes no difference.
My point was....... discipline does not go hand in hand with boxing.

A lot of people in the know, comunity workers a lot of them voluntry, would tend to dissagree with you on that comment.

Sponsored Links
Back