Brain Quiz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Below are four ( 4 ) questions and a Bonus question to test your perception, reasoning and the quickness of your logical processing.
They are stated simply so you should try to answer them instantly.
To assure the accuracy of the results, you should not take your time , but instead, answer each of them immediately .

OK?

Let's find out just how clever you really are....

Ready? GO!!! (scroll down slowly to uncover Q's and A's )

First Question :

You are a participant in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

Answer : If you answered that you are first, then you are absolutely WRONG! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, YOU are in second place!

Try not to mess up next time. Now answer the second question, but don't take as much time as you t ook for the first question, OK?

Second Question :
If you overtake the last person, then you are...? (scroll down)

Answer : If you answered that you are second to last, then you are ; ; ; ;WRONG again.. Tell me Sunshine, how can you overtake the LAST person??

You're not very good at this, are you?

Third Question :
Very tricky arithmetic! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator . Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000 Now add 30 . Add another 1000 . Now add 20 . Now add another 1000 . Now add 10 . What is the total?

Scroll down for the correct answer.....

Did you get 5000 ?

The correct answer is actually 4100 ..

If you don't believe it, check it with a calculator! Today is definitely not your day, is it ?

Maybe you'll get the last question right... Maybe...

Fourth Question :

Mary's father has five daughters: 1... Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono, and ??? What is the name of the fifth daughter?

Did you Answer Nunu? NO! Of course it isn't.
Her name is Mary! Read the question again!

Okay, now the Bonus round, i.e., a final chance to redeem yourself: 0A

A mute person goes into a shop and wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing his teeth he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.
Next, a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair of sunglasses; how does HE indicate what he wants?

It's really very simple He opens his mouth and ask for it... Does your employer actually pay you to think?? If so Do NOT let them see your answers for this test!

Sponsored Links
Count every ' F ' in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

HOW MANY ?

WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke.
READ IT AGAIN !
Really, go Back and Try to find the 6 F's before you scroll down.

The reasoning behind is further down.
The brain cannot process 'OF'.

Incredible or what? Go back and look again!!
Anyone who counts all 6 'F's' on the first go is a genius.

Three is normal, four is quite rare.

Olny srmat poelpe can raed this.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed this psas it on !!

This is another example of how the brain can be confused...

Squares A and B are an identical colour/tone.

If you do not believe it, take a piece of paper and make 2 small holes in it , just sufficient to only see square A and B and lay it on the screen...... :eek:

Got Mary and the blind man.

Got 5 F's on the first go but had to look really hard to find the 6th one.

Smart people one was very easy to read.
Maybe I'm dysl...dicsle... daslic...

just a smart arse! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
This is another example of how the brain can be confused...

Squares A and B are an identical colour/tone.

If you do not believe it, take a piece of paper and make 2 small holes in it , just sufficient to only see square A and B and lay it on the screen...... :eek:

The squares are not the same colour/tone. It's an illusion so they only appear to be.
In the link provided be Dave M, the question is asked; Are squares A and B the same colour? The correct answer is no but, they appear to be.

I got them all right!? Surely they don't confuse the majority of folk... do they? :confused: I mean, how does someone get 5000 instead of 4100? If I takeover the second person I have to be second now. I knew the Blind man could just ask for the sunglasses but.... what the hell does a BLIND man want with Sunglasses??? Did I miss something with these?

The squares are not the same colour/tone. It's an illusion so they only appear to be.

No, in the illusion they appear NOT to be the same colour.

Save this picture, and open it in a paint program.
Use a wide black brush to wipe out all of the illusion, apart from the 2 squares A and B.
You will find they are the same colour/tone/shade....No trick involved.

I got them all right!? Surely they don't confuse the majority of folk... do they? :confused: I mean, how does someone get 5000 instead of 4100? If I takeover the second person I have to be second now. I knew the Blind man could just ask for the sunglasses but.... what the hell does a BLIND man want with Sunglasses??? Did I miss something with these?

Ask Stevie Wonder why he wears sunglasses .

No, in the illusion they appear NOT to be the same colour.

Save this picture, and open it in a paint program.
Use a wide black brush to wipe out all of the illusion, apart from the 2 squares A and B.
You will find they are the same colour/tone/shade....No trick involved.

There is a trick involved. It's a trick of the light.. There's a cylinder with a bright light behind it casting a shadow over the board. The actual A/B squares on the board are different colours. If they weren't, it wouldn't be called an illusion.

Ask Stevie Wonder why he wears sunglasses .
OK but I'm a mute and use sign language! :D

There is a trick involved. It's a trick of the light.. There's a cylinder with a bright light behind it casting a shadow over the board. The actual A/B squares on the board are different colours. If they weren't, it wouldn't be called an illusion.

I'm afraid you miss the point completely.

no, the actual squares on the board in the picture shown ARE the same colour..
the surrounding squares are reduced and lightened to represent a shadow on the board..

I was sceptical too so did what he said.. paintshopped it and wiped out everything but the 2 squares.. grabbed one with the tool and overlapped it with the other.. couldn't see a seam or anything.. EXACTLY the same colour.

Sponsored Links
Back