brake switch removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - i have no brake lights, even the high level brake light dont work..fuses are all fine, replaced bulbs still not working...probably faulty brake switch on my polo 1.9sdi 03 plate...how do you remove the switch..i can see it under the brake pedal...does it pull off or have a nut holding it in ?...i need this switch here..

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/V...bc519d96cf3a83ed0ff599963fe2151807c6f8&000415

Sponsored Links
ok cheers got it....can anyone please tell me which is the fuse for the rear brake lights on a vw polo 2003 1.9sdi ?...ive located the fuse compartment , its on the drivers side dashboard, removed cover, so many fuses but i dont have the layout of which is which, dont have the user manual and nothing is printed on the inside of the removed cover..see pic below..
IMAG0487.jpg

remove the fuses one by one, test for continuity with a multimeter, replace the blown fuses like for like.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, the fuse designation is in the handbook - which isn't much use if you haven't got one..... :confused:
All I can say is that its likely to be a 10 amp, (red) one.
Its usually the switch that packs in though - unless the incorrect bulb has been inserted into the holder.
You could try shorting the switch out with a length of wire if you feel confident about it.
John :)

hmmmm...all fuses are ok..changed the brake switch todau for a new one still not working...heres what i noticed today, all lights work fine, sidelamps. reverse lamp, rear fog lamp. both rear indicators....i have notice that the high line brake light works only on one side, only two of the bulbs are working,,,the other two dont....could this be the cause ?...how do you get to the high level brake light ?...cant see any screws around it only mouldings..

Back