Brand new shower valve leaking (Triton Elina)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just purchased and installed a Triton Elina concentric shower mixer valve. It is to replace another shower mixer valve that is knackered.

triton-elina-concentric-built-in-thermostatic-mixer-valve-spares-diagram.jpg

I took quite a long time installing it and it all seemed to be fine but I noticed some droplets of water on the bulkhead overnight. It appears that there is a small weep from the shower mixer valve itself. It is quite slow, possibly 1 or two drops every hour maybe?

triton_weep1.jpg

I've taken apart most of it to get to the cartridge and nipped it up just a tiny little bit tighter (it was already quite tight) but it's seemingly made no difference. I'm hesitant to go any further to muck about with the slide valve as it's quite difficult to put right as before - I did check that the allen screws are sufficiently tight holding the slide valve flange in place.

triton_weep2.jpg

The incoming pipes and around the bulkhead are completely dry otherwiise.

My question is - is this a faulty unit? What should I do to get this sorted - I know that I probably could explain to the supplier but I dont' want to be left without a shower for days. I saw that it is possible to contact Triton for warranty service as it's valid for 5 years (I've had it for 2 days). Would this be a good idea to get someone out from them?

What would you do in this case?

Sponsored Links
Contact Triton. They will arrange an engineer to visit. If it's a faulty valve there is no charge.
If it's an installation issue you get charged.

Just a quick follow up to this.

I ended up contacting Triton who advised that they can arrange an engineer to be called out. As mentioned they told me that if the fault was not a product fault it would cost £85, otherwise no charge.

The engineer visted and replaced the slide valve and the thermostatic cartridge. After that, no leaking.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back