Brands Of Alluminium/ Lead Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

Just a quick little bit of advice needed please. The flashing above our bay window has sort of peeled back and lost its adhesion. Thereofore, I'm thinking of replacing some of it, but I was wondering if there are any good brands out there which are good value for money and whether it's a simple job? I've never done it before, so I have no idea if it involves any complexity. Can I just tape over the old tape? The rest is fine but the edges have come away.

Appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
my 2p worth

rip it out and do it properly

if you stick something to something else that is stcuk it relys on the first stuck thing to stay stuck (with me so far)

so as yours is coming unstuck what chance is there of 2nd thing satying stuck to first thing.

i would use lead, is very easy to manipulate / cut. i used some for something else (forum advice) and was well pleased, i got a roll of lead from a well known orange shed

Thank you for your reply Breezer :).

Hmm, well perhaps I could always cut the edges off where it isn't stuck down and restick new flashing onto this. The problem with the rest is that it's well adhered to the surface, but it's like paper; you can literally push your fingers through. I mean, maybe it's supposed to be like this because I would imagine they aren't designed to stop people from pushing their fingers through lol. The fact it is rainfall, it wouldn't matter about this. So, my next question (and then I should be clear on what I need to do) is:

If I can push my fingers through the flashing, does this mean it is rotten and needs replacing or are they actually made like this?

Thanks :). I guess I should have really asked this first. Sorry about that.

orange shed

Please excuse my ignorance, but why is it called an orange shed? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back