Breaker tripped;...serious issue?

If I was doing some toasting, and I had a power cut or trip, my toast would also pop up, because an electric solenoid (or similar) holds the toast down.

So I'm just putting out there, what came first? the chicken or the egg? What was the cause and what was the effect?

Was the toast suitably brown? or under cooked?
...it was a small naan bread,...does that help?

Sponsored Links
...it was a small naan bread,...does that help?
Not necessarily :)

In the first instance, unplug it and then remove any removable shelf/drawer, give it a good shake. turn it upside down and give it another good shake - and see what comes out (bits of naan bread or anything else!).

Kind Regards, John

Not necessarily :)

In the first instance, unplug it and then remove any removable shelf/drawer, give it a good shake. turn it upside down and give it another good shake - and see what comes out (bits of naan bread or anything else!).

Kind Regards, John
Will do;

...just curious but could it be the RCD that is showing the first signs of going a bit flaky?...or is the RCD the least likely culprit?

Will do; ...just curious but could it be the RCD that is showing the first signs of going a bit flaky?...or is the RCD the least likely culprit?
Everyone asks that :)

Sure, it's obviously not impossible that an RCD can become faulty (albeit most commonly manifested by their not tripping when they should, rather than tripping when they shouldn't) but, looking at the big picture, you're undoubtedly right in saying that it is usually the least likely culprit!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Whilst it is certainly true that water-related issues are commonly the cause of RCD trips, so can be crumbs in toasters - so, given what the OP reported, that would be the first place I'd look. If it were the problem, it may just need 'de-crumbing'!

Kind Regards, John

Yes. In fact, in one of those "you couldn't make it up" moments, I have actually known an RCD to detect the presence of a residual currant (from a teacake) stuck in a toaster.

Yes. In fact, in one of those "you couldn't make it up" moments, I have actually known an RCD to detect the presence of a residual currant (from a teacake) stuck in a toaster.

OP here;...is that genuine,...or are you just buttering me up?

OP here, many thanks to all for the advice so far. Much appreciated. (y)

The toaster ‘tray’ has been de-crumbed but nothing significant was found. However, when the toaster was upturned and shaken vigorously out tumbled two potential (charcoaled) culprits,...see pic.

The two blagards have been remanded in custody pending further enquiries. There have been no further RCD trip-outs since it first occurred on Tuesday night.

What do you reckon,...guilty or not guilty?

[/url
]

The toaster ‘tray’ has been de-crumbed but nothing significant was found. However, when the toaster was upturned and shaken vigorously out tumbled two potential (charcoaled) culprits,...see pic. The two blagards have been remanded in custody pending further enquiries. There have been no further RCD trip-outs since it first occurred on Tuesday night.
If I were a person inclined to such comments ( :) ), I might say something like "I told you so" !
What do you reckon,...guilty or not guilty?
Very probably guilty - charcoal is an excellent conductor of electricity!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back