Breaking out job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small job to open up some concrete steps for inspection. Basically i have been requested to break out a section of a concrete step to a depth of 100mm. This wouldnt normally be a problem but there is stepped brickwork to either side of the steps and this has to remain undisturbed. Therefore i am looking to see what the best way of doing this is. The only method i can come up with would be to score the concrete to a depth of 100mm with a stihl saw at regular intervals over the width of the step and then use a breaker to then break out these sections. However if there is a better alternative available i would appreciate being advised. I asssume i will have to use a vibration damped breaker if this is the only method available. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
if you score it nough with the stihl saw that deep then you should be able to break out whats left with a club hammer and bolster, or a small sds drill ith hammer action (im assuming its a small area you need to break out)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back