Breather membrane around window opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.

I'm building a timber frame garage.

With the breather membrane, how can I finish it around the internal corners of the window and door openings?

I thought about roof flashing, but not sure it'll stay stuck tithe membrane..

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I guess that you are using structural timber to hold the roof up. Where you want a window you need two uprights (floor plate to roof plate) and a noggin nailed in horizontaly for the top and bottom of the window. This is so you have a good fixing area for your window frame.
At this stage I would put on the breather membrane with drawing pins right over the whole structure. Then from the inside, squirt a bead of clear silicone between the membrane and the window frame, adding a few more drawing pins to hold it tight.
After the silicone has gone off, hopefully the membrane is stuck, razor blade it off so it is flush to the sides of the openings.
When the planking is fixed the added fixings will hold the membrane properly.
Is this the sort of thing you were thinking of?
Frank

Sponsored Links
You dont turn the membrane into the reveals! finish flush to the windows then fit your fire checks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back