Breeze block calculation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to remove an external wall which is constructed of studded plasterboard interior wall which is clad in what I can only describe as Cedarwood planking to the external. As you can imagine it's not very energy efficient in terms of heat loss and so the intention is to replace with a wall constructed of breeze block and then rendered. It is only a small area, approx 4 metres width by 1.5 metres height (to the exsiting window). I'm looking for any suggestions in terms of preferred thermal blocks for this type of project, internal and external finishing i.e plaster and render, and whether there is a calculation or on-line calculator that will give me an idea of the number of block required.

Sponsored Links
Blocks are 10 per square metre.

But something like celotex insulation between the frame may be better than rendered blockwork

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back