Breeze block walls

2 Mar 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Would I be correct in saying that breeze block walls would first need a 'dry wall' coat prior to plastering. Also what is the difference between 'Multi-finish' plaster and a 'Finish' plaster. Generally I have just used 'Multi-finish'? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Probably a reference to Hardwall plaster which is a base plaster coat & probably the most commonly used now but there are others; a sand/cement render base is also frequently used. "Dry wall" is probably a reference to “drywall lining” which basically involves sticking sheets of plasterboard to the block walls & skimming with finishing plaster; not as good as a hard plaster finish IMO. Multi-Finish is a finishing plaster, they are one & the same.
Thanks Richard, I think I meant 'Hardwall' probably confusing myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links