Brexit humiliation

And rents will continue to rise, thus the percentage of those unable to afford a roof over their head will also rise..
You should be on a nice screw then when the Ukranians leave your spare house then, shouldn’t you?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What shît you talk, comrade.
Strange how with every post you make you continue to prove your ignorance...

And how come you didn't answer the relevant questions?

Oh that's right, you can't!

Strange how with every post you make you continue to prove your ignorance...

And how come you didn't answer the relevant questions?

Oh that's right, you can't!
What question? What’s my name? Where abouts in the country I live? What I do for a living? What my hobbies are? Already answered. How about you having a go?

I think everyone knows what trade I’m in by now. What trade are you in?

Long ago, when I was young, a first-time buyer could get a mortgage of 2.5 x times salary, plus 1 x times second persons salary.

On which we bought a small, run-down house. It was of course a struggle, and when the car broke, we had to take it off the road, couldn't afford tax, insurance and repair for a couple of years.

Today, the mean average salary for all workers in the UK is £31,447. The median average salary for full-time workers in the UK is £31,285.

And young people mostly on less.

Three and a half times is about £110k.

If you don't have a permanent, full-time job, or are on a zero hours contract, you are doomed.
Yep, i bought my first flat on my starting salary with no deposit. Next homes were with 3x joint earnings. Just not possible now.

A health dose of growth could change all of that, but you don't want that do you, why?

The problem with extremists (particularly right wing ones) is that they make false claims about the rational approach whilst refusing to say how their nutjob approach will work...

Care to buck that trend?

I'm not sure that growth is the sole preserve of right wing extremist nutjobs, but it is the only thing that can reverse the picture JohnD and yourself are painting.

Will the Truss/Kwarteng plan work? who knows, I doubt even they do. The alternative is give up on growth and carry on as we have for the last twenty years, if you think things are bad now, that approach will make things a whole lot worse.

Will the Truss/Kwarteng plan work? who knows, I doubt even they do. The alternative is give up on growth and carry on as we have for the last twenty years, if you think things are bad now, that approach will make things a whole lot worse.
A whole lot worse for who exactly?

Oh that's right, not the richest in a long abandoned 'society'!

But all hell is about to be let loose (summer next year is my bet), and not a moment too soon!

Sponsored Links
Back