Brexit ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I wonder how much Carney has cost each household ?
Very little directly.

If fact he could have made things worse and urged for an interest rate rise based on the so-called unemployment figures and inflation rate, but he realises that the 'real world' UK economy is tanking!

However he did have to 'print' approx £250bn to shore up the currency/economy in the wake of the brexit result, but he's not exactly to blame for that is he ;)

Sponsored Links
He should put rates up, help savers & slow the housing market down. Friends kids are trying to get a house, new build, 3 beds £550k, "Oh you want a parking space? another £10k, you want tiles in the bathroom? another £1k"

He should put rates up, help savers & slow the housing market down. Friends kids are trying to get a house, new build, 3 beds £550k, "Oh you want a parking space? another £10k, you want tiles in the bathroom? another £1k"
House prices are (and have been for a long time) controlled by a careful program of 'lack of supply'.

That is because the UK avoids total collapse by keeping the house 'values' high*!
(Increasing interest rates several times would have the same result, and Carney knows it)

The 'intrinsic' value of a house is a fraction of it's 'virtual' value.

But for a nation that has very few resources, can't feed/power itself, and is reliant on the service industry, what else do we have?

*There is also a socio-political 'bonus' in keeping people in debt for as long as possible ;)

what else do we have?

Apparently the UK has 1 particular person living here thats spends his whole time moaning about what a terrible country it is.

It begs the question, why do you choose to remain in such an awful country?

I expect you earn loads of money working in the service industry :ROFLMAO:

notch has such a 'love' of this country that he is unable to refute the facts...

Ignorance does indeed make him blind ;)

notch has such a 'love' of this country that he is unable to refute the facts.

What facts might you be referring to?

Please do explain why you choose to remain in a country, that you clearly hate. :)

House prices are (and have been for a long time) controlled by a careful program of 'lack of supply'.

That is because the UK avoids total collapse by keeping the house 'values' high*!
(Increasing interest rates several times would have the same result, and Carney knows it)

The 'intrinsic' value of a house is a fraction of it's 'virtual' value.

But for a nation that has very few resources, can't feed/power itself, and is reliant on the service industry, what else do we have?

*There is also a socio-political 'bonus' in keeping people in debt for as long as possible ;)
Maybe a good thing if there was a housing collapse,would bring plenty of cheap houses onto the market.
People used to buy a houses to live in, now they are bought as investments and if they don't have instant equity the day after buying a house they feel cheated.
The first house I bought on a 25 year mortgage was in negative equity for the first years of the mortgage but it didn't matter because I just wanted somewhere to live without having to pay rent, years later I sold it for 3 times what I paid for it.
Speculators and investors from overseas who buy properties here and leave them empty should pay a windfall tax.

Please do explain why you choose to remain in a country, that you clearly hate. :)
I am not sure he has ever said he hates it.

Do you think it is perfect and there are no improvements that could be made to make it even better?

Do you think it right and proper that certain families "own" (the scarce resource of) land solely because it was seized and distributed by William the Conquerer 'for favour' 950 years ago and no one has been or is allowed to do anything about it because it is they who still make the rules?

That's Royalty for you.

Do you think it right and proper that certain families "own" (the scarce resource of) land solely because it was seized and distributed by William the Conquerer 'for favour' 950 years ago and no one has been or is allowed to do anything about it because it is they who still make the rules?

That's Royalty for you.

When does Royalty make the rules?

I thought it was the EU that made most of the rules :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back