Brexit with tariffs, or Brexit without tariffs? No-one knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Mixed-race children?
You can have those, if you can provide a contemporary scientific basis for classifying the parents into two different races.

Or you can have them if you can provide a contemporary social construct basis for classifying the parents into two different races.

You can't have them if you cannot provide a contemporary scientific or social construct basis for classifying the parents into two different races.

Sponsored Links
Your determination to justify the misguided hole you dug for yourself is leading to tedious irrelevant questions.
Really.

You want to declaim on what "race" means, and therefore what "racism" is, but you regard all questions to you about the basis for your definitions of "race" and "racism" as tedious and irrelevant.

I think that says far more about the soundness of your position than it does the validity of my questions.

I am using the accepted definition.

Haven't read all of it,
Shall we go with this as the usual understanding?

View attachment 159745
I was right.
a)
... you pick and choose which cultural differences suit your ideas at the time?
b)You just googled a definition that suits your idea at the time.

Sadly, it's a definition
1) formed in 1890
The three great races according to Meyers Konversations-Lexikon of 1885-90.​
Which suggests that you are not so much as wanting to use the term race in its precise context, but in its Victorian context.
I suggest it's been updated and superseded since.
2) It's a racist classification.
In the early 20th century, many anthropologists taught that race was an entirely biologically phenomenon and that this was core to a person's behavior and identity, a position commonly called racial essentialism. (in the same article, which you didn't read, otherwise you may have changed your mind.)

So, according to you, there are either seven billion races
Not my opinion, the socially constructed definition of cultural differences,
or there is none.
One! Not none!

Clearly I'm on about something which requires a reading age in double figures to understand.

MOD: Thread wandered completely off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back