Brexit with tariffs, or Brexit without tariffs? No-one knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it racist to maintain that, say, Belgians are a different race?

Normans, Angles, Saxons, Scandinavians etc. certainly are not
Don't start that again.

There is only one motivation that anybody can have for wanting to say things like that.

Sponsored Links
Don't start - pointing out semantic errors is not a sign of anything.
In this case, considering how damaging it is, and how it gives succour to the racists, the xenophobes, the haters, the denigrators of anything foreign, it is indeed a sign of wanting nothing but to support them.

It's not a perfect word but we don't have an alternative, it does have a definition which works (and that you refuse to recognise) and civilisation depends on being able to oppose all ideologies of that tendency.

Sponsored Links
EFLI - I am not going to dance on the head of your pointless pin.

Stop giving succour to the racists, the xenophobes, the haters, the denigrators of anything foreign, by whining about the word "racist" and denying what it means on the basis of now-spurious etymology.

Stop giving succour to the racists, the xenophobes, the haters, the denigrators of anything foreign, by whining about the word "racist" and denying what it means on the basis of now-spurious etymology.
I am not but you should use the correct term for the situation.

Don't start that again.

There is only one motivation that anybody can have for wanting to say things like that.
That's a real wan ky thing to say and something Himmy has said in the past too. EFL has never been racist, certainly nothing I've ever seen. Just again shows your lack of knowledge of what to be racist means.

Ball cocks :LOL: You must have Tourette's

FFS Bas, I am not trying to remove it; just reserve it for its actual meaning and stop people using it inappropriately which devalues the gravity of actual racism. .

Perhaps that is what you are trying to do. It definitely raises questions about your motives; much like many in the news at the moment.
When a white English MP defects with complaints of racism, this seriously devalues the meaning of the word and offence for those truly subjected to it throughout their lives.

From what you (for some inexplicable reason) are saying, you must think someone that someone with a white English mother and white French father are of mixed race. This is clearly ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back