Brick lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does anybody know where you can get any brick lights from (not TLC).

Would it be best to use SWA cable with outside lighting and what mm would you use over a 30 meter run of brick lights. Any advice on wiring outside general pointers and considerations welcome.

Sponsored Links
you have to blaance the fact that lights aren't designed to take swa with the fact that flex is very fulnerable to digging through

i think normal practice is to use the flex tails from the lights and join them too swa in a waterproof adaptable or a resin joint (resin joint is less likely to become a problem in future but is more expensive)

as for the armoured over your distance 1.5mm on a 6A will be fine
i generally advise use of 3 core with a core as earth to provide a metter earth failt disconnect (YOU MUST STILL EARTH THE ARMOUR THOUGH)

The brick lights we have used come in two part, the rear shell will take loop in loop out swa. Belive it or not, they came from 'dodgy' denmans

Sponsored Links
Lectrician said:
The brick lights we have used come in two part, the rear shell will take loop in loop out swa. Belive it or not, they came from 'dodgy' denmans

See? how times have changed eh? Less Mickey Mouse, more of a name synonymous with quality and value for money these days :D
:!:

Lectrician said:
I could list more things they dont stock than stuff they do :)
oh ye of little faith ;)
you're obviously using the wrong branch.

and

There's this one from S/Fix Direct. dont know what quality is like though.

Here
these look like the Micromark ones which aren't actually brick shaped! You'll have to chisel out more than just a brick if they are.
Some people get away with murder with their products....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back