1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Brick or concrete garage

Discussion in 'Building' started by MartinB85, 15 Feb 2021.

1. MartinB85

MartinB85

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

We're currently looking to build a new garage we have a budget of 25k, and ideally want to build it so it's secure and usable all year round.

I've added a few details of things we ideally want.

After having our first quote through (38k) we're trying to decide wether we just purchase a concrete one (as these can now come with brick finishes etc) and then possibly just baton/insulate and plaster it out but unsure how reliable concrete garage are in terms of damp/cold.

If anyone can give any advice one what 25k should/could get us in terms size and quality it'd be appreciated!

Removal of old wooden garage and asbestos roof:
    New concrete insulated base/any foundations
    Internal measurements: 6x4.5 meters
    Double skinned/insulated walls
    Red brick exterior walls
    Pitched tile roof
    PVC guttering
    French drain/gravel soak-away
    New electric supply (to replace current overhead cable)
    PVC window/door
    electric garage (up and over) door
    Plastered interior with possible roof latch and shallow storage area.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. mic2876uk

mic2876uk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I built a cavity wall insulated garage with a tiled roof, which internally measures 4.5m x 6.6m for under £10k. Although that's mostly materials only virtually no labour. Its not finished yet but i expect finished will be around £10k

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/garage-self-build.532254/

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local