Brick shed , base depth, drainage questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I am removing an old shed and trying to tidy the garden up. Planning on putting new shed up and putting a roof plate just below the window on where the current shed is and coloured red. The plan is lean to roof coming straight from existing building.
The height is 2.5m up to the roof plate. I was wanting a bit more height to play with so the roof had a reasonable slope maybe use some leftover slates? (don't like flat roofs) considered digging the shed base further down a bit further but this will put it lower than the garden and surrounding buildings. Will this cause a lot of problems with drainage etc could I put gravel drain around it to help?.I am best of just keeping it level and losing the height.
Was considering block construction with 4x 1 timber screwed onto battens for aesthetics or using reclaimed bricks to try and make nicer looking shed and with cost of timber etc what you think?
was considering pouring my own concrete slab as a base and putting some deeper footings in (overkill!?)
I've got a mini digger coming Monday to dig path out and sort shed base and need a little help with plan!?

leve.
20220528_091805.jpg

shed_ roof plate.jpg

Sponsored Links
England's getting rainier so you might need a cavity tray if you're attaching a slate roof to the house wall. Probably also need BC approval.

Blup

You need to take measurements - ground level to window sill etc and sketch a section view of your shed proposal and post it on here.
No need for cavity trays if the shed is for being a shed only.
BCO wouldn't be interested.
Dont go digging the shed FFL in below ground level - you will only give yourself further problems - keep the FFL 150mm above ground level is possible.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back