Brick & Slab steps upto gravel path nightmare... Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there..

I have a set of brick and slab steps which lead up to a gravel path.

The way they have been built means the rise of the steps is 2 courses high each step. At the final step there height to the next level means that a course of 3 bricks have been placed which then leads onto a gravel path...

The 3 courses of brick looks odd... and is a real step over onto the gravel path... if I were to reduce it to 2 courses the gravel would just kick over down the steps (2 courses of cricks at the top brings the steps upto gravel path level)

Does anyone have any suggestions of maybe a topper i can put across the 2nd course to retain the gravel but not be such a big step over and that would give a finished look. At present the 3rd course of brick is an obvious step over and looks rather unfinished....

Id love to post pics but my camera is n/a so i've described above as best I can.... any help is very very much appreciated...

Dougie

Sponsored Links
Sorry that was not meant to sound smug, its only re-reading it now I noticed it looked that way.

Sponsored Links
do you mean the top step (the one made from 3 courses of bricks) has a slab on top as well? maybe you could take off the top course of bricks to lower the top slab, and put a new slab at the start of the gravel path a bit higher than the new top of the steps? you'd have to be careful not to create a trip, and depending on the site this might not retain the gravel, but the steps will be even which will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back