Brick Wall White Residue Appearing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 3ft high brick wall around my drive, Ive noticed this week that a white residue has appeared on the bricks, it appears to be coming up from the bottom. The residue looks kind of like salt staining, the wall is a couple of years old, the staining makes it look really scruffy.

Any idea what it is and how to clean it off ? Im sure Ive seen a simular post on the forum with the same problem but cant find it :( Could I jet wash it off may be ??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Opps may be I didnt see it here, found it on the web, its efflorescense from the salts.

Anyone got a good technic to remove it ? Other recomendations are 1. just leave it to time acid ran and all that 2. A hard brush (not metal) or 3. Acid stuff.

Cheers :)

Assuming the bricks are in contact with the ground and there is no damp course, you'll just have to get used to it.

It is probably coming from dissolved salts in the ground water.

Sponsored Links
Gunpowder :eek: ........women`ll draw ye farther than powder`ll blow ye :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back