Brick Walls Inside Conservatory - How to Finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully this is a reasonably straightforward request for advice. Having had differing suggestions on how best ot proceed, wanted to ask the community here of pro's and cons they might have experience of.

I have a conservatory at rear of our house. Permieter of which consits of a dwarf wall below double glazed panel for majoriy with of course the main wall at rear of house providing the remaining side. All walling is bare brick faced, which I would now like to have plaster finsihed ready for emulsion.

So, is it better to have the brick faces plasterd (I assume in various layers / plaster types to get required bonding to brick and then final facing), or would it be preferable to use plasterboard on the brick walls? If using plasterboard, could we achive any thermal benefits as it's a cold conservatory during winter months.

I'll be having a local tradersman in to do the work, but wanted to be prepped with some direction before I start getting quotes for the work, in case there are any questions or warning bells that I should be mindful of.

Thanks for taking time to read and hopefully advise.

Sponsored Links
You could do it either way it's personal choice, you can buy thermal boards that can be screw fixed to wall (if screw fixed, you would need to baten out) or dot'n'dab fixed but must also be secured by plugs.
This link will show the product and materials available.
www.british-gypsum.com/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back