Bridge in damp course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a survey done and told our dpc is bridged by render on the outside wall installed by previous owner. I have been advised to cut a channel in this. My question how do I know the height on the dpc or is it just a case of cut a big area out and expect it to be within that ? Hope that makes sense.
The rendered area is the length of one wall to a height of approx 2 feet, so I do not want to remove it all.

Hope someone can offer advice.

Sponsored Links
Floor height

Or chip a bit off at a time from the bottom until you find it

You should also form a bell cast at the bottom

Thanks Woody,
I have looked at the side of the house with no render on it and I can not tell where the DPC is. Do you have any tips on what i should be looking for,
It was built in the 1920's so would it be slate ?

Cliff

Sponsored Links
They all look the same to me, they have been painted over. Would i need to dig out some of the mortar to find the DPC ? I know the difference between engineering bricks and normal ones so beleive i would see the DPC if obvious.

Cliff

Woody told you - level with the internal floor height.

Oh sorry misunderstood, I just assumed it would not be same height as the floor. ( dont know where i cam to that conclusion )

Thanks I will look this evening when i get home.

Cliff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back