Bristan Joy thermosafe electric shower leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My work colleague informed me her shower has a substantial leak from the unit itself. My initial guess is some pressure valve has blown out , but i am not sure by any means. She has sent me some pictures and a very short clip of it in action , When the shower is switched on, as you can see the water gushes out from underneath at the right hand side, so any advice as to what it might be would be helpful, kind regards, Brian.

Attachments

• WP_20150718_19_42_47_Pro-001.jpg
    WP_20150718_19_42_47_Pro-001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 379
Sponsored Links
It is the pressure release valve, but something caused it to let go. Better off just getting a new shower, they're cheap enough.

You can't tell if its the pressure relief valve without removing the cover, (unless like Joe 90 you have x-ray glasses of course).

Isolate from the electrics, (preferably in the consumer unit and not just at the switch), remove the cover and have a visual inspection. It may be just an internal hose clip has slipped or the pipe may have a split that can be repaired/replaced for a small fee.

I would investigate before splashing out money unnecessarily.

Sponsored Links
Because the prv has a small outlet pipe which pokes through the outer cover.
If the PRV has gone you can order new ones from the manufacturers for a few quid.

Just looked at the pic, doesn't look like the prv. That's usually sited close to the outlet hose.

Yes, I remember on my old Aquarius there was a small plastic tube projecting next to the outlet hose.
Worth a quick look inside then to see if its an obvious fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back