Bristan Joy shower goes cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A new Bristan Joy shower was fitted to my parent's bathroom in a rented house a couple of weeks back. The cold water flow with the temperature dials turned to cold seems very generous, and even at shower heat the flow seems OK. But the problem is that about half the times it is used and about 3-4 minutes into the shower the water turns cold. No warning, no loss of water pressure. One shower at the same setting is fine, the next probably turns cold. It happens on the both the single bar heat setting (with the temp dial then turned up high) and the double bar heat setting (with temp setting in the middle of the range). The power is still on (ON/Off switch still is lit up) when this happens. Leaving the shower running the heat comes back about a minute later. By which time one is pretty fed up.
This is on the first floor level - I am not certain whether this is plumbed to mains or a header tank, but I think it is connected to the mains. The puzzle, and perhaps just coincidence, is that the shower it replaces (make unknown) was changed for the same reason - but that had worked fine for 15 years, even in an area quite well known for its hard water.
Not great for elderly people to have a shower like this but Bristan only offer help if I deposit £89 before they will send an engineer. The plumber used by the landlord seems competent but is equally puzzled. Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back