Bristan Bliss 9.5 Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Experts,

No one seems to know the answer to this problem! Asked Bristan and PTS.

I have 4 bathrooms. 3 showers are Bristan Joy Eelctric Showers heating up cold water, simple no problem. 4th Bathroom seems cursed. Bristan Joy failed keeps going from hot down to cold. Replaced with Joy same thing. Replaced with Bliss same thing. Engineer from Bristans thinks its the water system. Yet on 3 showers no problem. 4th bathroom only on top floor. Gravity water system. Cold supply.

What causes new machine out of box to oscillate from hot to cold 46 down to 5 while having shower not touching machine?

Correct answer that fixes the problem gets paid.

James de Rin

Sponsored Links
Quite obviously because you have insufficient water supply pressure!

Connect it to the mains and it will be fine!

I am surprised the Bristan peoiple did not work that one out! Or perhaps you did not tell him it was gravity fed from just a few feet above?

Tony

I am surprised the Bristan peoiple did not work that one out! Or perhaps you did not tell him it was gravity fed from just a few feet above?

Tony

The Bristan engineer merely replaced a machine that was oscillating from hot to cold. Nothing has changed it worked before. All 4 showers worked. Now one doesn't. Same plumbing different shower box. But I ask the plumber who put in water pipes if anything has changed?

Sponsored Links

Tony

The Bristan engineer merely replaced a machine that was oscillating from hot to cold. Nothing has changed it worked before. All 4 showers worked. Now one doesn't. Same plumbing different shower box. But I ask the plumber who put in water pipes if anything has changed?

It is on the water mains not on gravity, but it is shower 4 furthest from the mains.

Dear Experts,

Engineer from Bristans thinks its the water system. Yet on 3 showers no problem. 4th bathroom only on top floor. Gravity water system. Cold supply.

James de Rin

So is it gravity or not.

Sounds like a typical landlord. Cash up front I think. :rolleyes:

Dear Experts,

Engineer from Bristans thinks its the water system. Yet on 3 showers no problem. 4th bathroom only on top floor. Gravity water system. Cold supply.

James de Rin

So is it gravity or not.

Sounds like a typical landlord. Cash up front I think. :rolleyes:

It is not gravity it is mains. There is a gravity system for the central heating. And I am not a typical landlord. I pay all my bills but this problem has me stumped. The Bristan Bliss box is saying low water pressure. But the shower right next door six feet away works fine.

We can only advise you based on what you tell us!

If that is incorrect then we will give you incorrect answers! My reply was correct based on the information you gave us!

So what does this Bristan engineer say?

How does he explain that he does not know what the problem is?

Tony

We can only advise you based on what you tell us!

If that is incorrect then we will give you incorrect answers!

So what does this Bristan engineer say?

How does he explain that he does not know what the problem si?

Tony

sorry I made a mistake earlier.

By changing the box three times he insists it must be the water pressure and not Bristan. I have been reading the instructions and I think it is the TCD kicking in. When you set the shower to hot say 49/50 and after 6 -8 minutes you hear a click and it goes cold. This maybe the TCD kicking in not the water pressure.

The water coming in is very cold and maybe the box cannot be run to hot. But yet again it doesn't explain why the other three showers still work. It is the furthest from the mains by six feet.

James

If no other shower is working then how does it perform?

Did this Bristan engineer measure the dynamic supply pressure WHEN the others are being used?

Tony

If the showers are externally piped you could swap the one that is not working with one that is. This should help you eliminate whether or not it is the shower at fault or the plumbing.
If you're lucky you might find they both start working.
Of course if you're unlucky....

O/H stat cutting off the power. Probably caused by insufficient flow also I take you are saying 49-50'C temp which is way too hot for a shower. Max recommended is 41'C if it is a blended shower an electric would be about the same.
The instructions might say what temp the thermal trip cuts the element power off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back