Bristan Pisa Shower : no cold water, only hot through to tepid.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ongoing problem: I replaced 2 Bristan Pisa cartridges. One at top of house was fully successful & works properly.
On ground floor, shower produces tepid through to hot water. As I (sparingly) water the garden from here (attaching garden hose). this is a big cost issue. To (just about) keep plants alive, I have to use warm water.
Hot & cold feeds into shower are OK: hot one side, cold the other side, so the fault can't lie there.
So does the fault lie with settings on the cartridges ?? I've tried 3 variations: bought 2 new cartridges & tried them out, without altering any settings. Also tried out the old one (after soaking in vinegar/water). All tried out and all give warm water. I tried the ceramic disc valve (flow adjustment) in the off (closed) position and in the on (open) position, not really thinking that had anything to do with it, but tried it anyway. Still get tepid/hot water. All this involved taking out/replacing the cartridge multiple times to try different variations. I run the hot water tank down as far as possible before watering the garden but it's difficult having to fit that around a visiting daughter with children needing baths/ showers. Is there something simple that I am missing .... if so, can anyone point me to it, pretty please ???

Sponsored Links
Have you tried using the cartridge that works upstairs (i.e. gives you cold water) in the shower? If this gives warm water as well, the issue most likely lies with the shower body. Can you get into the temperature control knob to see if anything is misaligned?

Got visitors coming, so havent got time to dismantle the upstairs cartridge, faff about & replace it ! Will try after visitors have gone. But will have a look at the temperature control knob, just in case I've put it in wrongly. Thanks for the ideas - grateful that you took time to reply - ... will work on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back