Bristan Pisa Shower : Cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, a brief question which I'm sure someone on this excellent site will be able to answer :
Having successfully bought/installed a new cartridge for one shower, we then tackled another shower:
Bristan Pisa Shower was running tepid water. We took out cartridge (approx 4 years old): no evident limescale, but soaked it in vinegar/hot water overnight, greased the seals & replaced it. Now, we have wonderful hot water but the cold water is running tepid: so, I assume it is mixing the hot/cold. As I attach a hosepipe to this shower for watering the garden (no outside tap and I don't want to spoil the tiling put in by previous owner), this could massively raise my bills ! I think we may have replaced the cartridge with the valve in the open position. As it is tough to get the cartridge out, can someone let me know for sure, if an open valve would cause tepid water to flow when I expect cold water ? So should I replace it with the valve closed ? Or is there something else I have missed? Or should I get a new valve .... or a new cartridge ? With mega thanks .... & in anticipation ... !!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back