British gas 330 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just moved into a new property with a British gas 330 boiler, it's been running fine but yesterday we had a power cut and there is nothing on the LCD screen and no indicator light showing. Tried the reset switch but didn't do anything. Completely novice to boilers after living in houses with AGAs and wood burners to provide hot water and heating. Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Check breakers at your consumer unit and see if any have tripped if not check the 3 Amp fuse in the fused spur to the boiler

Checked consumer unit and fuses are fine, don't think there is a 3amp fuse spur to the boiler

Attachments

• 20190903_190745.jpg
    20190903_190745.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 454
If theres been a power cut and the boiler PCB was on its way out anyway quite often they just wont power back up once powers restored.

There will almost certainly be a Fused spur for it that should have a 3A fuse fitted, but could be under in units/where the time clock is/where the main fuse board is/or anywhere else for that matter.

If its fine and still off then youll need a gas fitter to come get a look at boiler, which may be worth while anyway as that boiler will be a decent age by now and may need gaskets/seals replacing depending on how well its been serviced up till now anyway

Sponsored Links
Boiler PCB?
Unless the fused spur is hidden in the boiler itself or in behind all my cupboards I've no idea where it is.
But it sounds like you're telling me to prepare to fork out for a new boiler

Boiler PCB?
Unless the fused spur is hidden in the boiler itself or in behind all my cupboards I've no idea where it is.
But it sounds like you're telling me to prepare to fork out for a new boiler
Nope wont be inside the boiler, and sadly your boiler PCB is horrendous for powering down and never recovering so yep might be new boiler time

Oh joy. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Time to get onto British gas

if you have cover with BG that is the way to go, if not Glow worm might do a fixed price repair, not sure though but @ScottishGasMan will know as your boiler is actually a Glow worm BG do not make boilers they just have them re-badged

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back