British Gas/Drayton Digistat+RF E2 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have recently bought a British Gas CR4RF kit from eBebay
I know its the Drayton+RF kit & have tried their site for info, gooled for hours & used the search feature on this site to find my answer but have no joy.
My existing system has a Lifestyle (Drayton) LP522 timer going to a LWC1 wiring centre.
Have connected terminal 1 from the WR2 to terminal 3 at LWC1 (common to common) & 3 at WR2 to 2 at LWC1 (call to call).
When testing I can get a manual activation of CH by pressing button 2 on WR2. I then enter "learning mode" by pressing the buttons as directed & all is still good.
As soon as I push the batteries into the remote thermostat it shows 30.9, then the RF antenna symbol the straight the E2.
The red LED on the WR2 flashes to confirm communication until E2 is displayed.
If I press & hold set in the centre of the dial for 10 seconds it displays CY, then 00 (which can be adjusted from 00-99), then gives me the option to adjust the min/max of cylinder stat.
Have I bought a duff unit from eBay or have I done something to get this E2 code all the time.

Any help & advice is gratefully received.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back