Drayton Digistat LP522 / + RF601 SCR and RF thermostat - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Having some issues with the combination of heating appliances as in the title above?

In essence the LP522 was the original thing that we used to control the heating and hot water over a day period of time with two time slots set up, but this and the boiler were upstairs.

Since then we have had the Drayton Digistat wireless SCR receiver setup next to the LP522 unit, and then a RF dial unit setup at the bottom of the stairs for ease of control so we do not have to keep going upstairs to alter?

Recently, the batteries needed changing on the RF control unit downstairs, but since then the Receiver unit seemed to turn off. The Green ON light had gone off.

To try and get the system working again and following the preset times on the LP522 kicking in at the right times, we have set that unit for both Hot water and heating to Once, but the receiver ON green button didnt come on. So I pushed the Override button No. 2, then the Nol.1 together and the green ON light has now come on and the Receive button flickered red and then went off?

Am I now setup correctly and its just a case of leaving the LP522 on setting "TWICE", and then just using the RF dial to kick the boiler in via the receiver if gets too cold, by turning the dial to past the room temp (flame on display on RF to kick start the boiler?)

I have read a few manuals but am now not there in the property to ensure all is working as should be?

Could someone give me some basic steps in bullet format for the proper sequence of events?

Many Thanks in advance

Ive attached documents/images to assist that I have found to try and help?

Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 16.27.51.png

Attachments

• Drayton_Digistat+RF_Technical.pdf
    735.2 KB · Views: 227
  • Drayton Digistat+ and +RF User Guide.pdf
    188.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Commissioning Guide Digistat plusRF roomstat.pdf
    44.6 KB · Views: 330
Sponsored Links
The LP522 is essentially a time switch, it will switch the power supply to the system on and off at the times you set. The Digistat is a room thermostat, basically another switch, but this time works on temperature, so if the temperature in the room falls below that the Digistat is set to, it'll send power through to the CH system to call for heat, once temp is reached, it'll switch the CH off again.

Once you've the Digistat paired to the receiver, it will 'talk' to it and tell it when to turn the system on and off, provided the LP522 is also set to 'ON'. Choice then is yours, some people turn the Roomstat up and down when they get cold. I am lazy, my roomstat is set to 19°C and CH comes on and off with the Programmer, so between the set 'On' hours, if the house drops below 19°C, the CH comes on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back