Wiring advice - Replacing Drayton LP522 & Digistat SCR with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm replacing my current Drayton LP522 & digistat SCR with Hive to control both heating & hot water.
Would like to be certain of wiring before I make the change.
My assumption is to swap the wiring on the LP522 like for like with the Hive and remove the live and neutral on the SCR that are linked over from the timer, then link 1 & 3 on the SCR.
Hope this makes sense.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 727
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 2,936
Sponsored Links
Correct, although you don't need to link 1&3 on that old white SCR backplate - the red wire in 1 can be removed completely (the other end is in 4 on the black backplate), and the blue wire in 3 can be taken out and put into 4 on the black backplate where the red wire was.

That gets rid of all the wiring to the white plate and also gets rid of those single insulated wires in the wall between the two plates, which should not have been put there like that in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back